Saturday, September 13, 2008

Paris 6:Versailles

The school keeps busy this week,so i hardly have time to blog my blog.This afternoon Mattias,Davis and Tom came to visit us,we talked a lot about the book of Mormon and had a really good time,after the meeting,they tasted a Chinese candy,which was mailed by my mom from Beijing,called Haw Cake,this truly is a chinese candy,they seemed like it and Mattias also took one back home for Stina.haah~
I think I should finish our story in Paris as soon as possible
VERSAILLES,VERSAILLES,how I wish I had been a French royalty (-: we woke up early in the morning and made our way to Cimetiere Du Pere Lachaise to see what Chopin's grave is like (I like to play his waltz)then took the suburban train out the city to versailles,I have a question now is that Versailles is a separate town or just a suburb of Paris?Versailles is a cute little town as well as the towns here in Sweden,we went into a bakery to get a French dessert,it's really delicious.Chateau Versailles is right in the middle of the road.The queue to the ticket office was huge,but we were used to it,we waited for almost 1 hour to get into the palace and grab two voice tour guides,one in mandarine and one in English.Lin is fond of history,especially European history,we followed the radio and toured the various apartments of king and queen,the Hall of Mirrors, all the rooms opened to the public,everything was gilded and magnificent and reeked of wealth.
Then we headed out to the garden,this is a part of a house?i was wondering what the French King did in this huge garden,the flower beds,fountains and statues were gorgeous.It's a pity that we didn't have time to visit Grand & Petit Trianon which was dominated by Marie-Antoinette,Lin likes her so much and I love Lin so much.
I think I dont have time to upload photos,tomorrow~tomorrow~
It's mid-autumn day tomorrow,we are here in Sweden missing our family so much~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

开着词霸开路过了这里。好美的旅行啊~~法国~~
中秋节虽然过完了,送去迟到的祝福给你们:》
---凌

Hermes said...

谢谢~~等我们回去,也希望你们一切都好,你的小baby怎么样了?到时候发照片给我们看,对了,如果你们有博客请告诉我们,我们要去看~